View Single Post
Old 04-30-20, 04:21 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,022 Times in 665 Posts
There have been a number of different brands of repair stands made to this same concept of holding the bottom bracket. Review on these tend to be mixed. Blackburn had a version of this style of repair stand and it was not built as heavily as this ANJ.

There is also a reason that Park stands and the copies are so popular. Even when applying lots of force trying to remove some stuck part, the bike is never at risk of falling out of the stand and the stands stance is big enough to get some force into the part your trying to remove. On my Park stand, I will even stand on the stand's feet and hold the bike with one hand while using the wrench with the other hand.

I think that if you used a Park or similar repair stand, you may be disappointed with this style. If you never used a Park, then you are probably more aware that you cannot put lots of force onto the bike, like when trying to remove the pedals or taping handle bars. If you take the bike out of the stand to do the heavy stuff and just use the stand to do adjustments and cleaning, I think you could be happy.