Old 07-09-20, 10:40 AM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
It's funny that you keep saying that people are making it in to a one-aspect argument; this is a summary of the first five posts that discuss the tire attributes -

It didn't turn in to a rolling resistance pissing match until you came in banging on the "it doesn't make a difference" drum.
Why don't you go back and read the OP's original post and see if you have answered his question in the context of his question? Do you understand context?
Sometimes you have to take what people claim to be the difference with a grain of salt. People will say "the difference is quite noticeable", notice how vague this is, with hardly any realworld eviddence to back up this "noticeable difference"? And notice that in the lab (a controlled evironment), the difference is more like 1 second per kilometer? Is this what a big difference to the OP, in the real world?

Well "noticeable difference" demands noticeable proof. Convince me of such claim when someone get on the same bike, wore the same kits, with a power meter, and ride on a the real road for say 10 miles back and forth on the same stretch of road (to account for varied conditions encountered in the real world). Show me the telemetry of such experiment? And I have not even talked about cornering feeling yet, which does make a difference if you're fighting for position? Show me the hard real world evidence that 1) there is a difference, and 2) that difference is meaningful in the context of the OP's question.

Is this NOT a fair question to ask? or am I expecting too much from the scientists in here??

Last edited by aclinjury; 07-09-20 at 10:55 AM.