guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Eh, that's still just part of the same decision matrix that he claims leads to analysis paralysis when applied to RR; he's taking a pile of data and picking the tire he thinks will serve him best. I still tend to think he's wrong; I've run GP4000S, SII, GP5000S, multiple Michelins, Hutchinsons, and VIttoria Corsas, and damned if I can find these supposed handling issues. Maybe they exist, but I have a hard time taking it seriously.
Fair enough - but each to his own. As i said early on in this post, I am one of the few people who has never bonded with the GP4k/5k series. For my daily riding, i prefer the Turbo Cottons and Veloflex Corsas, which purportedly have a slightly higher RR than the GP5ks - the few watts more or less dont matter in that case, and I just like how these tires feel (placebo or not, I cant say).

Speaking for myself atleast, I "get" the idea of someone making a non-optimal decision in terms of RR in favor of other, most subjective factors - especially in a non-racing setting. For race day, I agree it would be silly to use a less-optimal tire when racing. The one exception is people racing 70.3s in M45-49, where i recommend Gatorskins as the tire of choice..