View Single Post
Old 08-23-08, 02:25 PM
MAC57

Bikes: I do not own one yet. Son in law taking me to purchase a bike in a couple of weeks.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Upset Me? Heck NO!

Originally Posted by Catweazle
Hi again folks. Quite a few thread views but no comments? Did I upset you by posting this? I hope not.

Have people perhaps got suggestions about favourite 'informative' threads they think would be worth adding to post #8 above?
Hi Catweazle,

This post was PERFECT. I printed it out for my leisure re-reading. I am 60 and had to give up running due to the knees. I still speed walk but want to start riding. Last bike I had and rode didn't have gears and had foot brakes! I don't understand the strange looks I get when I talk to my daughters and sons-in-law about foot brakes...

My son in law will be taking me to his bike shop in a week or so to purchase a bike. The section of your post about the hybrid was very helpful, as I want to ride on both paved bike paths and on wooded trails. I will find out Monday when I try out my daughters' bike if the saying is true that one never forgets how to ride a bike. I guess my biggest worry is that I really will need to learn how to fix a bike also.

Thanks again for a very informative and comprehensive post for those of us who know little about the New Age of Biking

Oh BTW, do you or anyone know if there is such a thing as converting an on the road bike to a stationary bike for winter use? (When I arise in the AM and get home from work in the PM in the winter it's dark.)