Old 08-24-15, 11:52 AM
TallTourist

Bikes: Vivente Deccan XXXL Slightly modified

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
one time I went touring without a spare tire and I had some sort of weird damage to the tire on the inside that kept blowing my tubes and no patch kit in between Eugene Oregon and the coastal highway and I got stuck in the middle of nowhere. Tried to hitchhike back to the bike shop in Eugene and ended up having to spend the night on the only flat area that I could find which was just a little concrete pull out about a foot from the fog line where any sleepy motorist could run over my head and I woke up the next morning to the sound of a dump truck driver blasting his air horn at me. I couldn't get a ride the second day and ended up walking about 10 miles with little to no water and no food and finally a nice store owner gave me a ride into town where I bought another 5 tubes and another tire plus a spare it's only faster to go light when you don't have any problems and don't break down but you would probably pay anything for the replacement parts you need when the sun is beating down and you're pushing a loaded tourer up hills with no water or food for hours.