View Single Post
Old 02-06-05, 06:26 AM
Shen_1_1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old weights in the UK are 16 ounces to a pound, 14 pounds to a stone, and 8 stones to a hundredweight, and finally 20 hundredweight to the ton. Just to cause total confusion a metric tonne is 2200 pounds and the imperial one is 2240.

However in 2003 i got my weight down to 187 pounds and then over that winter I gained again up to 210. Last summer I managed to reduce the gain to roughly 200, and this winter despite some very wintery cycling I am up to 215. The target for this summer is to drop at least twenty pounds.

I achieved this in 2003 by eating carefully and cycling a lot of miles. Roughly 4-500 a week when ashore and at least using the gym when offshore. So all I am lacking at the moment is the will power.. but the longer rides beckon and tomorrow I return to dry land and the miles are going to be ridden again. I bought good winter shoes in October and what a boon they have been. Coming home chilled to the bone after a modest 12 miles my feet have still been warm which says a lot for the shoes. At least this winter I have managed to keep my daily rides going which was more than I achieved last year.

Good luck to your own endeavours.