pallen
Descends like a rock

Bikes: Scott Foil, Surly Pacer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
My impression of Zwift so far...
Normally, this time of year, I'd be not biking as much, losing fitness and getting fatter. I got a trainer back in November and I'm spending more time sweating and keeping my fitness up. I don't give a crap about racing, but its fun to get frisky every now and then in a virtual world (or real world) to spice things up. This is far from a perfect simulator - no braking, turning, wind, but its a tool that's keeping me engaged so I keep working when the weather is bad. I've had two other trainers in the past that collected dust because I couldn't stay on them. If people want to make virtual racing a thing, I don't really care one way or the other. It doesn't really interest me and has no effect on me whatsoever, but if that's what interests you - have fun.

Personally, I would rather skip the racing aspect and have a game where you're chasing a spy through the park and you have handlebar mounted buttons that activate weapons. If we're going to have a game, lets really make it a game. Maybe we could be running from dinosaurs in Jurassic Park world trying to make it to the helicopter before we get caught. Seems like there's a lot of ways to make working out fun with this...
Likes For pallen: