View Single Post
Old 01-13-20, 10:05 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Haha! I dunno. I think the Zwift TT bike plus the entry level 30mm wheels are just that slow with the "Zwift" road bike helmet. In real life the fancy skinsuit, TT helmet, and wheels make a big difference even if position isn't super crazy. I'd imagine that might be it versus the real world.

I've done Tempus segment in Zwift before on the TT bike slower than I've done a similar length segment in real-life...........but the real life segment averages about 40 to 50 feet per mile and included the speed loss of a u-turn around. That's hella slower on Zwift! Haha. As Tempus is pretty much pan flat. I'm using Tempus nowadays to hit level 13 to get those Zipp 808's on there. Then back to climbing for the Tron bike, someday.
Yeah, I'm about 3-4 km/h faster on Zwift than real life... something's not optimal for me. Having said that, I haven't exactly put much time into my position. I've done one duathlon and I pretty much just put the aero bars on, did a couple of rides and then raced. I did have an aero helmet as it was 80% off, but I have no idea if it's a good fit for me. Hopefully there's some low-hanging fruit I can get this year both in terms of power in that position and aerodynamics.