Old 04-29-20, 05:46 PM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
There is a difference between what you can do, and what is best for you. Your body grows and recovers when its at rest. What opportunity does that have to happen when you're training every day? That was a lesson I learn some time ago and have been better of for it. My suggestion was given with that intentions in mind, but in the end, its your body. Do what you think is best.
I had a stark reminder of this recently. I'd done far more running during Dec., Jan., and February of this year than I usually do (almost none) in anticipation of a military course I had to attend where my running would be tested. After so many years of service my knees are hating life, and all the running I did during those months really pounded my knees. I took and passed that test with flying colors, and struggled to just walk normally for several days afterwards. I returned from that course right at the start of the Virocalypse lockdown, and haven't run a step in weeks, and have done far less cycling than I'd intended. I should be feeling terrible about the way I've failed to reach my cycling goals, but on a recent long ride I noticed just how much better my knees are feeling. They just needed some time off, and though I didn't plan it this way, they got it, and they're doing much, much better now. Sometimes you just gotta stop and let the body have the time it needs.
Likes For SethAZ: