Old 11-12-18, 01:56 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
Un-fortunately there ARE some on here who ARE saying E-Bike touring is not bicycle touring, and thus should NOT be discussed here in the bicycle touring section...

To me it's like not allowing supported touring, or CC touring, or tandem touring, or... as long as you specifically state the type of touring you do one should be allowed here without being told (in every thread) that no, you are not bicycle touring... If you do not like it don't click on any E-Bike touring posts/threads. I do not go and open threads that I have absolutely no interest in...
This is an interesting point. I don't have any issues with E-bike touring on the Touring message board.

One observation I made concerning Facebook groups, which are likely the cause of demise of uncountable message boards. On Facebook groups there are multiple E-bike groups and uncountable touring groups. Those places can be really polarizing. But in all fairness, there are several E-bike touring groups on Facebook, which is where I would most likely spend my time, and be happier, if I were interested in assisted pedaling cross country trips.