Old 02-21-20, 11:06 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
Thoughts on taking a bike in for a full strip and clean as well as buying 2 new GP5000 tires, coming back a week later to pick up and there are tubeless tires on the bike. Shop is told I didn’t want tubeless (also told them this on drop-off) and Iasked them to replace with correct tire. They said they didn’t have any so they set the bike up tubeless. Fine, I’ll deal. Take the tire off to put my trainer tire on and there’s a tube inside...

this is is my 4th bike from that shop, their level of service has gone way downhill (crank also came loose after 150 miles post tear down) and rather than complain, I’ll just find a new shop.

I’ve always been an advocate of the LBS, but this kind of stuff makes me think I’d be better off with Canyon and velofix for service.
Not clear on what you are describing. You paid for two GP5000 (which are clincher tires) and told the shop you did not want tubeless (you can't use GP5000 as tubeless). You say the shop set you up for tubeless, but when you took the tire off to put on a trainer tire there was a tube in there.

Did the shop put GP5000TLs (tubeless version) and put tubes in there? If so then you came out ahead. It gives you the flexibility to run tubes or go tubeless.
Likes For jadocs: