Thread: Addiction LXXIV
View Single Post
Old 06-30-19, 07:55 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
No, for my stomach. I believe I have NSAID-induced gastritis. From taking Ibuprofen for the shoulder. Do try to keep up.
My experience is you get a lot of warning before any real gastric damage occurs. Responding as you are to the pain you are experiencing will most likely prevent anything really serious from developing. One thing to consider in future is starting the omeprazole and antacid at the same time as you start the NSAID. Another approach is to use a topical NSAID like Voltaren or even the lidocaine patches. Even if the Voltaren does get into your system, the dosage needed for the surface of a small part of your body should be gentler on your stomach than a full on enteral dose.

Now for the disclaimer. My apologies if my advising a physician about this kind of thing seems presumptuous to you. It is just that I have had a lot of experience with GI maladies and with skirting the NSAID issues while suffering from a very sensitive stomach, esophagus and intestines. Just letting you know what has worked for me.

I hope you feel better soon.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...