View Single Post
Old 05-07-12, 07:03 PM
taro4cycle

Bikes: 2006 Trek Madone 5.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi I'm Taro. I'm not disabled but I'm recovering from a bad crash that broke my clavicle. I'm really inspired by the stories here and my problems seem so minor by comparison. I'm just starting to gain use of my right arm again though my fingers are still a little numb and I have a strange irritation on my leg but my shoulder is less painful than it used to be since I crashed 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure whether I'll ride ever again because I don't want to put myself through this again. I've been considering getting a "safer" bike -- maybe a cross bike with wider tires would keep me more stable when the road isn't nice to me. I really enjoyed going fast and love going uphill and downhill, and was just starting to like spinning like mad since I don''t have the leg strength to push big gears. And then I crashed on a lonely flat stretch of road and I wasn't trying to go very fast. Every day since my accident has been like a rainy day. The weather is so nice and warm but it hurts to move around very much. And of course I can't ride for a while. I've been spending my days mostly sleeping, eating and a little walking. I've enjoyed cycling so much and it's been a big part of my life. But I'm afraid of cycling again and put myself in danger again