View Single Post
Old 11-10-17, 07:27 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by jordibeard
Not sure if it counts as metro boston but I rode from Cambridge down to Providence on Saturday, before all this cold weather rolled in. Surprisingly nice roads all the way until I hit RI. We rode down, hung out in Providence for a few hours and then hopped the commuter rail home in the evening. Lovely day all around.
Nice!

Originally Posted by autonomy
Oh yeah, absolutely. How was your experience taking the bike on the commutter rail?
I spent about three years commuting via car/bike/train. I'd drive from Waltham to the Univ/RR Ave train station, take the commuter train to N Attleboro, then bike over to Lincoln, RI. I imagine that's the same commuter line. It was quite nice, but of course they let you do it during commuter hours only in the non-busy direction. You roll your bike into the handicapped romm at the end of the car, find a way to lean it against the side wall, and just sit or stand thee keeping it company. I got to know the conductor pretty well and he always showed me special small courtesies. Some days there were a lot of bikes!

Originally Posted by Ghazmh
Ill be out tomorrow mid-late morning, hope to exchange waves with y'all.
We are planning to walk parts of Great Meadows in Concord and then ride the Old Reformatory RT. We figure it might be in the woods and less susceptible to the wind, less stressful. Maybe we'll see you.