View Single Post
Old 02-13-05, 04:02 PM
Patch29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rsw
I am wondering if the bracket for the kickstand will fit the opening on my frame.

Looking at the attached photo, can you tell me if it would fit in the 3/4 inch opening near the cable or the 1 inch area with the existing hole near the fender.

How much does it weigh? has it been able to hold up your fully loaded rig? have you tried it on gravel or grass?
I think you would be ok. You would need a shorter bolt for your fender so you could use the hole (near the fender, not sure about the other one). The top plate is 1" x 2", so you need 1/2" clearance from the center which it looks as though you have that. The bottom plate is slightly larger towards the front, but not much.

Here is some info I found that was written about it online.

I do not know the weight of it.

I have not tried it on deep gravel. I have used it on soft dirt and grass. It works well. I need to cut mine down a bit from the stock size. It causes my rear wheel to be a few inches of the ground and when it is loaded that can make it a bit tippy (and cause the front wheel to want to turn), since I have not yet, sometimes I would just push it down a bit to let it sit deeper in the dirt/grass and it worked fine. Someday I will get around to cutting it down, if I do I think it will work a lot better.

Here is where I bought it.