View Single Post
Old 08-18-19, 07:59 PM
Retfor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Fargo Wolf
What was that like for weight distribution?
it wasnt bad at all. it did have a slight tendancy to fall back, as i discoverd on the first one. i had forgotten to bring the hitch to attach it to the bike with me*, and had to jerry-rig it. that came partly undone about 2/3 of the way home and i had to fix it. when i fully detached it, it had a bit of a tendancy to fall back, which i had to quickly counter, but it wasnt as if it suddenly fell almost completely over. while attached, the bike was enough to keep it down, even without me on it, although the motor certainly helped with that. on other bikes ive had loads on the rear rack that would tip the bike if i wasnt on it. side to side wasnt an issue.

*the first one i went to get after dropping off my son at daycare. he now rides in a thule, which is the hitch i keep on my bike all the time. when i use this one, which is now for cargo, i padlock the hitch for it to my rear rack so that i dont have to keep the hitch on all the time. to go drop him off, i attach the thule to my bike, then the cargo trailer to the thule with the strap only, which is more than enough when its empty. (although i have to put his bag in it or it has a tendency to flop around and flip.) after dropping him off, i leave the thule there and attach just the instep to my bike via the hitch on my rack. but i was in a rush and forgot to take it, and didnt have time to go back for it.