Old 05-27-19, 03:50 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
Great looking Allez! 4600 is a very good groupset, with the shifters inheriting 7800 Dura-Ace's internals. The rest is simply well-proven Shimano running gear, and excellent combination.

As for me, I have an "official" entry of my 1987 Schwinn Prologue, kitted up properly, in the outdoors (aka good lighting), looking as stealth as can be. She will give her components to another frameset soon, which makes me a little sad that the whole Black & Smoked look will be less so, but fear not (you all, and me as well), she will not suffer with inferior components. She'll be black with a bit of sparkle, and I think it will be stunning.

Full 7900 Dura-Ace, 7850 Dura-Ace wheelset, FSA K-Force carbon bars and stem, Specialized Ribcage bottle cages, Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX tires, Prologo Scratch Pro saddle.

I bought that frame the year it came out and installed Shimano Dura Ace/600 components. One of the best riding bikes I ever owned. I had the fork chromed though, back then it only cost me $25 to do it.