Old 09-12-19, 09:34 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I've been thinking about picking up a silicone ring. I don't wear the Ti as often as I should because it's getting to be too loose and it's rather unyielding - in addition to the possibility of losing it from falling off, I can see a Jimmy Fallon-type accident happening with it.
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
I’m too accident prone and have cut too many rings off people in danger of losing fingers to wear a metal ring when working or playing with big loads.
I don't wear my ring when riding any more after almost losing it. I've lost a bit of weight since I got married so it can be a little loose on my finger, especially at the end of a ride where I've been sweating. For a while I had a chain that I would put it on, but then the chain broke so I was just wearing it like normal on rides.

A couple years ago I got home from a ride and my ring was missing. I tore the house apart looking for it, because I couldn't remember if I'd been wearing it on the ride or not. I absolutely could not find it.

The next morning I was thinking about it and I remembered that, about a mile from my house, I had been shaking my hand after wiping my nose following a somewhat unsuccessful snot rocket. On a hunch I went back to that street near my house and walked up and down the street for a few minutes, without much hope. I didn't see anything, so I just resigned myself to the fact that I'd lost my ring and started walking back to the car.

At the last second I happened to glance down and there was my ring, sitting there in the middle of the street. It had been there all night, evidently.

So now I make sure I take my ring off when I ride.

Interestingly, throughout this whole ordeal, my wife was a lot more calm and pragmatic about it than I was. At least, I hope it was pragmatism and not apathy.