View Single Post
Old 10-14-19, 08:35 PM
DukeO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
I don't want to sound like a jerk by calling you out on this, but if your full-squish ebike can not only keep up with, but pass (drop?), a fast group ride at full gas...color me impressed. Unless you've modified the gearing on your MTB, your motor would be propelling you way above what your cadence could reasonably handle. I only know of one full suspension ebike that would be able to do such a thing through a reduction gear and it's a far cry from being called a "bicycle". Your aerodynamics and tire rolling resistance alone would be a nearly 250W disadvantage around 28 mph, and it goes up drastically from there.

I ride a dual sport ultra from M2S bikes.It is the top of the line ebike coming out of the Asian market right now. It has a 750w Banfang Ultra mid-drive motor and it can do 35+ if I want it to on the flat. I can blow by any analog bike away. It is the most powerful legal ebike in the US right now. But that does not mean I ride it at full power all the time. I ride it at the speed limit of the MUP or streets I am on. I am 59yrs old and lost to back of my kneecap in a motorcycle wreck in my teens and also have had 2 heart attacks. I had to give up any kind of real cycling a long time ago. Until I bought my ebike and it has changed my life! Before I could only ride my analog bike a few blocks away from my house and only on the flat. Now I can ride anywhere I want for as long as I want. I have 1200 miles on it in the last 15 months. I can dial in the workout as hard as I can without worrying if I am going to go over do it.One day I did over do it. I was pushing as hard as I could. It was 107f and I came up to a long light. While I was standing there I over heated from standing still. A wave of baddest can over me. I rode for the next few minutes with just the thumb throttle and let the wind pass over me. Then I started to feel better and I rode another ten miles in peddle asset. I ride farther and I ride for a much longer time on my ebike then my analog. Just like all the studies have shown. Like it or not. Ebikes are the future of cycling.