Old 02-13-20, 11:08 AM
sobre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I think people are being unfair to the OP--it's a reasonable question asking for informed opinions on an inherently subjective call. No reason to get snarky about it--either you have a view on the subject or you don't. For me, I try to buy good inexpensive used bikes and ride the hell out of them. I'm a lot more interested in whether I enjoy riding with the components and frame rather than concerning myself with their weight.
Thank you.
I just wanted to have an idea to know how much money should I invest as an amateur player... because I'm new to this world and I have no idea what is a fair price for a decent bike. Obviously it depends a lot on the rider itself and the training, I know that, but c'mon... I think my question was pretty clear; we all know everywhere there is a price when things starts to get unnecesary expensive (or at least, price increases a lot for minor improvements). Of course this is a subjective topic for everyone but I just wanted to have an idea of people's prices.

I clearly found a difference between my first road bike (one really cheap one I got from decathlon) versus the one I currently have which is full carbon bike; I increased the speed on the hills, and the overall speed on flat roads. I improved my 11kg bike for a 7kg bike, and I saw the results. I won over 2km/h overall speed with the same strenght. The bike I currently has, I bought it from a guy who had it since 2013, so after seeing this huge difference, I asked myself: "Is this the best I could get for me? Maybe there is better and I should invest more".
So I wanted to have one idea of what was the average price people would think was the optimal for them;
I hate to buy stuff for too much to then realise I could get similar results with less.
I don't like to waste money stupidly. Earning 0.5km/h if I should invest 2000€ extra doesn't worth for me.
Why would I care having a 5k bike if me (with my amateur level) I can get similar results with a 1k bike? Obviously those 5k bikes are there for a reason, and pro use them at its max performance, but I'm not pro and I don't pretend to be, but with a good decent bike at least I can get better results.

I'm not trying to buy speed at all, I was just asking what was the best price for a decent bike before things starts to get unnecesary expensive.