TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 765 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson
10mm front axles are not common, but they do exist. E.g. the original Shimano XT off-road hubs used solid axles, the front was 10mm with flats milled to fit a 9mm fork end slot. Who is the actual manufacturer of the hubs in question?

26tpi pitch is close to 1mm pitch, but not close enough to work. A thin locknut, with only a couple threads engaged might work, but a cone with many threads engaged would jam long before you could thread it down far enough to work. The 26tpi thread pitch was only used by Campagnolo and a couple other Italian makes (Gipiemme, Ofmega, Miche), so unless you hubs were made by one of those companies, they're unlikely to be 26tpi pitch.

You can, in many cases, replace the entire axle set (axle, cones, locknuts) to get a working repair. Wheels Manufacturing offers a variety of axle sets that may be suitable replacements.
The OP's bike is a cheap Italian Bianchi Pista track bike with cheap non-Italian (Alex Solo) hubs, so the front hub most likely has a 9mm X 1mm solid axle, unlikely to be 9mm X 26 TPI, and certainly not going to be 10mm. Anyway, all the OP needs is to find the correct set of front axle nuts, or at least one axle nut to replace the one that has stripped threads.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me