Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Tacoenthusiast
None of them are a real bike store, it's just a big box chain store
Originally Posted by veganbikes
REI generally does not have the greatest of bike departments.
REIs by me aren't LBS. That is a good thing. It means they actually have what I want to buy in stock and people who are capable of working on whatever isn't the latest and greatest hyperbike. If I need a random tool or accessory, I am far more likely to find it stocked at REI than a LBS. Same goes for a part that isn't for a current upper end drivetrain.

Originally Posted by wgscott
Unlike Walmart and box stores, they tend to be a bit over-priced. Also unlike Walmart and box stores, they sell quality stuff and back it up with an extremely generous return policy.
I agree on the overprice bit, BUT they run enough sales through the year that it takes care of itself. Not to mention the stupendously good deals that can be had at Garage Sales.

Originally Posted by Pugs2xLove
I'd buy a bike at Walmart (already did twice) before going to Dick's. This took place when I first got into biking. Now I wouldn't buy bikes from either stores.
I wouldn't. Not to say Dicks is great, but at least a lot of the options at Dicks would serve as a competent entry level bike. Can't say I've seen anything over the $150 or so mark at my local WalMart, and everything comes with ridiculous shocks.
Likes For jefnvk: