View Single Post
Old 06-28-19, 01:45 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
I didn't see sleep mentioned. Especially for a college kid, kinda new to racing. Pick up more Z hours. And even if you can't sleep - chilling in bed helps.

I agree with what others mentioned. Fit, cadence etc. Tendons take longer to develop than muscle. If you are younger, be aware of that. The body may not be over trained, but there may be over use.
Too low and too high cadence can contribute to tendon use fatigue - as can bike fit.

Standing all day is worse than all day on your feet moving. I don't think it much a contributor to over-training, but will fatigue you and moving more is better than standing or sitting and pooling fluid in the legs.
My kid is often on his feet 6 hours before a race and it likely costs a place or few (my story and I'm sticking with it) and is certainly not good, but not going to over train him.

Sleep more, and maybe do more easier days with one hard one each week.

Travel and time zone will really mess with you (see Brandon's result from ITT yesterday), but I doubt that is a concern of yours now. It may be if you travel to Collegiate Nats on a lessor level.
Likes For Doge: