View Single Post
Old 02-23-21, 06:18 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart
When Covid shut the gym down last year, it was just the push I needed to go shopping for a decent multi gym. I was getting pretty tired of the whole gym scene anyway what with the decline in gym etiquette these days. Dang kids were turning me into a grumpy old man.
Nobody seems to be able to put the weights back where they belong, and they all want to park themselves on a machine and text on their phones between sets.
Anyway, I found a smokin deal on a good barely used unit, so now I can work out on my own schedule without those frustrations.
Never mind the machine, look at all those wheels! I hear ya about the gym etiquette thing and have the same thoughts. Maybe it's just me, but I remember when we used to go the gym to work out but also socialize a little but now everyone wears ear buds now which are a message to stay away and don't talk. I get for some people like women and people really focusing it's fine, but it's ok to recognize another human being is in the gym with you!

Just my 2 cents.
Likes For gthomson: