Old 10-02-15, 06:53 PM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3376 Post(s)
Liked 5,518 Times in 2,860 Posts
Originally Posted by exmechanic89
I hear you, OP. I have have these situations often unfortunately. I'm always shocked at how downright stupid a lot of motorists are about riders. I had a super trashy looking couple in a pickup the other day first blow their horn at me for no reason whatsoever, then slow down so the woman passenger could angrily yell 'you should be riding on the sidewalk!'. You wonder how in this day and age anyone can not know that cars share the roads with cyclists..

Editing to add: I wouldnt recommend confrontations with these drivers, OP. SO many people carry guns in their cars. I've had it happen on the freeway where someone waved one. When I called the police the dispatcher told me it happens a lot.

Where I ride - old mostly abandoned higways - I'm often completely isolated. All it would take is one redneck type with a pistol to shoot me and nobody would ever know about it..
Doesn't surprise me. I was descending Golden Gate Canyon one day, and heard scream in the distance. I didn't think much about it, but it got closer. A car overtook me, then matched my speed so some hillbilly [term meaning female dog] could hang out the window screaming in my face:

"GET THE F*** OFF THE ROAD YOU A**HOLE!!!"

I mentioned this here a few years ago, and one wag suggested I should have grabbed her and swerved for the ditch, pulling her out the window;
"It would have been worth the crash!"

Last edited by Shimagnolo; 10-02-15 at 07:20 PM.