bakes1
Banned

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Le Champion lilac, 2015 Specialized Secteur Elite

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ParkingTheBus
Actually, I do have the right of way. It's clearly stated in the Highway Traffic Act and on the dozens of signs posted along the road.

I don't mean to stereotype, but it's always the same type of person. Either some 30 something year old miserable looking lady or some obese middle aged guy in a pickup truck. Always a white van, pickup truck or sports car.

Not to be cocky, but I guarantee that unless the person is trained in some sort of martial art or packed with muscle, they won't make a dent. Not to say that I go looking for fights, but when people almost kill you, it's hard to control yourself. I usually just yell at them or give them the finger. In the event that somebody actually attempts to touch me with their fists, they'll get a deserved beating.

This is why I'm quitting road cycling. I'm only going to commute and transition fully into mountain biking (which I enjoy more). Too many idiots and crazy people on the road. I don't want to deal with that crap.
Thanks!
Your detailed and scientific research should lead to safer cycling for the rest of the world.
30 year old women and obese men in pickup trucks have now been officially categorized.
Who are you and where do you ride btw that you are so terrorized multiple times daily?
MUPs *shakes head*