View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 03:55 AM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 401 Times in 277 Posts
Are you gonna tell the rest of that story? Sounds interesting to me. Were you on a bike? Why did he feel he needed to pull you over? What did he say and what happened?
I was riding my tandem home from a once a week appointment and another bicyclist who had no intention of stopping at a light got really mad at me. I did not know he was drafting and we had words. Coming back home from the appointment a week later he hit me in the back on his way by and called me a fat looser. The following week I saw him approaching in my take a look mirror and swerved so he was forced to stay away. This did not detour him and he kept making passes at me.I then sprayed some Halt dog spray at him. He then pronounced that he was calling the police. I encouraged him to do so. I told him he was a loon. I had to listen to him calling me names for several more miles. An officer pulled up next to me and swerved to the curb. I was going up hill at around 10mph so I stopped dismounted and put me and the tandem on the sidewalk. The officer gets out of the patrol car and tells me he did not tell me I could get off of my bicycle. I laughed at him and said you attempted to make me crash my bicycle. The officer decided to talk to the clown who caused the problem then pronounced that he was going to have the clown make a citizens arrest. I asked for a super visor and told the officer that I will take this to court. At this point they conversed and said they were letting me go. The officer told me to stop leering at him.

So here ends the most complete version of my encounter with officer antisocial and his partner the wannabe bicycle racer/wannabe fireman. Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints.