View Single Post
Old 07-15-19, 07:49 AM
Moretti66

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimc101
For the specs your asking for, your probably best going to a frame builder, and asking them to build on, if it costs 600€ so be it.

What your asking for was uncommon/didn't exist even back in the '90s, the straight blade is the outlier, as MTB's really never had straight bladed forks. for getting stuff cheap, you missed that boat by about 20 years, depending on your market, cheap (take off) rigid forks had disappeared by the early '00s as all bikes by then came with suspension forks, and event the take-offs were normally 1 1/8" / threadless.

For your plan for monstercross (would look for the drop-bar MTB conversion threads on BF as they are quite useful) would do some research before putting too much time/money into any old bike, sticking dropbars on an MTB is not an easy task, as the geometry changes, and you will probably need a shorter riser stem which maybe very HTF for 1" threaded, also you probably want to start with a large bike frame than if you were using it as an MTB, although as your bike is from the early '90s (from the specs you have given) anything could go angles/size wise, as MTB design didn't really settle down till '93/4 when frames were rapidly going 1 1/8" and threadless.
Yeah I knew those problems and I already solved them. My frame have a right top tube length for my body as well as the stem. I'm feeling really comfortable while riding.