View Single Post
Old 08-29-19, 07:12 PM
ridenow
Let's hammer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I got the GRX model 3 weeks ago. I wasn't sure about the olive color, but after seeing it in the shop I liked it. And it's not matte black. I've ridden it
500 miles, and the ride is very stable. I've ridden in loose, washboard gravel and it handles it well. It was a bit rough, but I had the tire pressure at 40 psi.
This was a ride that was a mix of pavement, smooth gravel and loose gravel, so I had the pressure higher. I switched the tires to tubeless, so I would lower the
pressure if it was a ride with rougher roads.

Being a roadie, the flare on the bars was a change for me. But I got used to it and like it now. More stable when you're in the drops too. The GRX shifts
very well front and rear, like mechanical Ultegra. Having said that, GRX DI2 is available now, and I think I'll upgrade. I have Ultegra DI2 on my road bike and love it.

The 40mm Donnelly tires do well on gravel. I noticed a difference when I switched them to tubeless. On the road they cruise along fine too. It's nice to have the option
of exploring a trail or gravel road if I find one I haven't ridden, and these tires make that possible.

I saw the bare frame in teal green in the shop (Excel Sports in Boulder). It has flecking in it, very cool looking. And it's not matte black.
Likes For ridenow: