View Single Post
Old 12-03-19, 09:31 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 972 Times in 795 Posts
BH, while general recommendations w will be of help, I know from personal experience that rider preference and or individual riding experience and bike handling abilities will muddy the waters. I'm comfortable with a quick handling bike, to a limit, but I have swapped bikes with friends a few times and I found their bikes to steer like molasses, would drive me crazy, yet they found my bike way too nervous feeling and didn't like it (whereas to me that bike is stable at 8 or 80kph)

so in otherwards,I suspect unless you can ride different bikes with different geometry and compare, and you can be confident in measuring calculating all this stuff accurately, it will be tough to know what you will be comfortable with.

I do know that from experience that on the same bike, different tire sizes can change how a bike feels, so good luck with this.
tricky as you can't just order a fork and return it.... plus you have to put headset stuff on etc.

again, I'd be very wary of suggestions, and would want to get more than one cooberating answer to be sure, from very reliable sources.
seems to me, to be safe would be to replicate what's there.... given specific rider preferences.