ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Naw, just fix the angle on your tail light and keeping riding!

Why would getting a new bike be a terrible mistake? Is it an extravagance that doesn't fit in your budget? I can't think of any other reason it would be a mistake. But you might as well wait a bit longer for the 2021 bikes to trickle in, since both inventory and good riding weather days are dwindling this year.
That taillight is gone - it loved to move around. Replaced with a varus radar light (lots of traffic where I ride). I can afford a new bike within reason (Ultegra Di2 / Force range) but I tend to be frugal and keep stuff for a while. If I got something, it would be after the new year. I'd say I would wait for the 2020s to go on clearance, but there is nothing left in the shops around here in my extremely average size. My logic brain tells me to wait for the next Shimano update which should happen before long I would think.

Originally Posted by MntnMan62
Nice looking bike. How do you feel riding it? Does it make you feel good when you get out and ride? Does it put a smile on your face when you push yourself up those hills and hit better times for speed? Then it's fine. I have a Motobecane Sprintour with Ultegra brakes (to match the entire drivetrain). I certainly look longingly at those titanium bikes with disc brakes. But I have no need to upgrade at the moment. I'd only upgrade if I felt the bike was holding me back in some way. Mine isn't. And disc brakes won't impact how well I ride one bit. Just ride and be happy.
This is the kind of thing I keep telling myself. Today I was cranking along pretty well in some crappy weather. Cruising along, hearing the slight mechanical noise of the groupset that's dialed in pretty well, the particular noise the wheels make, and the sound of the wind while laying out on the hoods, I was in pure bliss. For a bike I bought as a compromise, it is great. Honestly, what's got me annoyed is what a pain the brakes have been to keep dialed in, but that can be fixed/managed. For the vast majority of us, our bikes aren't holding us back - the engine is the thing. My want is mainly a desire for a Shiny New Thing (and a little jealousy of my friend who just got a Canyon with Di2 - it's pretty sweet :-).
Likes For ericcox: