burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Murf58
Thanks burnthesheep - I have about US $2.5k saved to spend on wheels so will spend up to that amount. I am looking to buy a quality set of wheels that are reliable and comfortable. I’ll likely run 28mm tyres.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Well, with that budget then you can get some more wheel than what I suggested for sure.

If you want to run 28mm, go ahead and spend the extra money since you have it on aero wheels designed for 28mm tires. Or ones that take them nicely. With that budget that definitely gets you into all sorts of stuff. Off top of my head, the ENVE wheels and the HED Vanquish (not a fairing wheel, full carbon) measure out pretty good and I think can take a 28mm and stay aero.

Those RC5/6 stuff I suggested are 25mm at the tire interface and a hair wider at the widest part of the aero profile. Meaning, a 28mm would run fine but ruin some aero benefit. So, forget that then and spend the extra on something else.

Just research whichever you get to see how wide the profile is where the tire meets so that a 28mm transitions right nice.

Good luck and have fun, that's an awesome budget for some wheels!