View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 07:28 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by kings run east
Well **** I better rework my dissertation then.
Making things basic, lets talk about boiling water on human skin. While you may never have tested it yourself, people have, and from that we have the knowledge that boiling water burns human skin. Knowledge is gained from experienced results. From results we can theorise about things that should happen, but the truth is we won't actually have the knowledge until it is tested and (dis)proven.

QUOTE=kings run east;19976494]On a different note, if anyone has any research they can send my way on how the three doshas of ayurvedic medicine can be scientifically explained, I would be fascinated to see it. Please DM me or post here if that's the case. Thanks! [/QUOTE]

There is a great podcast here https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...port-ayurveda/ The crux of ayurveda's success is in it's lengthy development. As far as diets go, it has had literally thousands of years of trial and error development. It's evolution draws significant parallels to what we might call the scientific method in the modern age