Old 07-29-14, 10:47 AM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 273 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Wspsux
The frame or the complete is $500?

If the complete is $500, I'm sure I'm not alone in suggesting a kilo tt.
Originally Posted by heymatthew
I'm looking at the Kilos. I've actually been looking at the Stripper as I love the idea of not having decals. There's a shop local to me that carries State bikes which I am not opposed to either. I realize they're a little "hipsterish" but I think their frames are decent and can be built up pretty easily, which I plan on doing as I'm able. I'm going to look a those this afternoon and maybe take a test ride. The good thing is my wife wants a bike as well and the guy seemed sort of interested in like a twofer deal since I'd be buying two at once.

I spent a LONG time in the Kilo photos threads and really dig them for their style and simplicity. I built up a pretty snazzy ss/fixie a while back using a Kilo frame from Bike Island and it was pretty solid for the money. I didn't really want to go that route yet as I'm looking to ride and add on as I'm able.

Thanks for your input. I'll definitely keep looking at my Kilo options.
Anyone suggesting a Kilo over a T1 complete for close to same price has been drinking too much of the Bikesdirect kool-aide. There are plenty of guys, more than a few of them in this forum, who do the light commute/neighborhood runabout thing quite happily on alu track bikes.