NatNitsuj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dahoneezz
I found this (Eezz electric motor mod) :

DAHON EEZZ **********?? - BoozeRidez Blog

Is Dahon releasing the Eezz in the Japan market first, i.e., test market? Or is the Eezz targeted towards asian markets? I would like to read more on this bike (in English, don't know Japanese, Korean) before I buy it. :-)

Also I've seen a video of the Jifo where the user shows that he is rolling it on its tires. I assume this can be done on the Eezz too. Yeah its 9kg light, but thats like carrying two sacks of rice and I would rather not if I can avoid it.

This one, a Japanese blog detailing the installation of a kick stand:

EEZZ**********: metro**********

Can you get this on Ebay? Make and model?
I think it's only officially available in asian markets. As I said in my initial impressions on page 1 of this thread (and in my one and only post in this forum), I wouldn't bother with this bike if I was taller than 5ft10 or weighed more than 75kg. Because of this, it makes sense to target the Asian market as the majority of people in that market fits that limit whereas a almost all western market men wouldn't.

I find the fold easy and fast if you know how; you don't push into the ground but more lift and push into itself. Think of it like you're standing back from doing the splits (as far as you could anyway). You don't plant both your feet and dig into the ground as you bring your feet together, you're more lifting your centre upwards.

I haven't worked out how to roll on it's tires to the point I wouldn't rather carry it. Folded, the tires are not vertical to the ground, they are slightly cambered inwards in a /\ shape which makes it difficult to roll straight. It is 9kg though, so I just carry it off the ground and if you get a carry back so you can put the load across your shoulder/back it's even less of an effort.

It does fold as narrow as a brompton but the height is definitely taller than a brompton. Smaller than any other non brompton.
I can't comment on the joint/hinge durability. Haven't had the bike long enough. Theoretically a vertical fold should have less issues than a horizontal because downward force on a bike will be fairly constant unless you're doing jumps.

I don't think there's any holes for a kickstand. I never looked into it because I just fold it down every time or lean it against a wall every time I park it.

The gearing is verrrry limited though. In Japan nearly everyone has either a mamachari or a folding bike, but that folding bike will be a 20" like a boardwalk, route, horise. There's no need for a super small and light fold, the demand is just for a small enough fold so you can store it somewhere in your tiny apartment. I see more dahon dashes than <=16" dahons.
Likes For NatNitsuj: