Old 04-28-19, 06:51 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
Like seypat, my wife and I ran in a 5k this morning and it was low key to boot. There weren't many participants allowing me to snag a 1st place medal in my age group (don't ask my time and I'll tell you no lies). Most area runners were waiting to run the "Fixer Upper" Silo marathon tomorrow. Afterwards me and my wife went on a bike ride, staying on the river walk (MUP). It was more like a CX ride as two small sections were over run with river water. We walked and rode through it, it was an adventure! We rode the entire river walk, basically a 12 - 14 mile loop? We rode more and ended up at a restaurant near the river and had lunch before we rode home. My wife is pretty fit and has no trouble keeping up on the MUP as its my fun time Not training time, however she likes going faster when there's no pedestrians.
The funny part is, it's our first real weekend alone, as my 4 year old daughter is spending the weekend with my oldest daughter. And we're spending it working out.
Also like seypat they only had 2 Porta potty at the 5k race and since we're used to baby talk my wife said " I gotta go to the potty" I said you mean restroom? That was funny.
My results were inline with my abilities, or lack of. Robbie has seen them in person. 28 of 58 in men's 5k. Some walkers pushing strollers helped me there. 35 of 45 in 10k. 6 of 6 (dead last) in the 2 race challenge. A 62 year old won the challenge with a 22:41, 49:19 respectively. The youngest challenge man was 41. He finished right in front of me. I did have an "epic battle" with a 77 year old in the 10k. I caught him with about 2 miles left. I couldn't clear him, though. He was hanging tough. I picked it up with a mile left and he couldn't respond. No quarter given or taken. That's the way it goes.

Last edited by seypat; 04-28-19 at 07:36 AM.