Old 06-04-20, 11:14 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Nice to drop in and see the old names. UMD had a post on facebook not too long ago that brought a lot of us out. He waxed slightly nostalgic about bikeforums. Fun stuff.

I remembered the whole girlfriend thing with Vireo. He posts on Facebook like 10 times a day, He posted a flashback photo not too long ago and she was in it and it reminded me. I couldn't for the life of me remember her name and let's just say she wasn't tagged in his photo I don't remember the details but I remember it being a topic of conversation on our group rides.

Racing: got some texts from Chad Hartley this morning. He is either president or vice president of Wisconsin's Local Association for USA Cycling. I am the president for Illinois's. He was asking how it was looking for us for having any racing at all for road this year. I told him I don't see it happening but we have taken the approach of wait and see. Our governor's plan would put racing in phase 5 which is vaccine or "no new cases for an extended period of time". If that doesn't change I don't see how it would even be possible to have the national cross championships we have scheduled in December.

Last LA call Hodge was saying that they are moving forward with permitting races. TT's, "Virtual events", and even a crit with a modified format. I personally don't want to be anywhere near putting on any of those events. Our officials average age is like 55 or some other ridiculously high age. They all have underlying health conditions and are in the highest risk group. I don't want a race I put on to be the reason a legend like Rich Weiss or Carl Wilkins get sick(er).

Chad said there is only one promoter in Wisconsin that is holding out hope for racing this year on the road. Everyone else has thrown in the towel. Our local holdout was the Intelligentsia Cup but even they cancelled the cup and Tour of America's Dairyland for this year (they say "postponed" ...until next year but I have a feeling that's more for legalize for sponsors that may have already sent them money).

Road is Dead. Shops are swamped. enjoy the summer and reconnect with the bike and the purpose.

Likes For Psimet2001: