Old 08-10-20, 07:16 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked 324 Times in 185 Posts
Hydration Backpacks for Roadies?

I've been thinking about ways I can increase my water-carrying capabilities so I can ride solo beyond ~50 miles w/o needing to find a place to get water. The areas I like riding in most, typically farm country in rolling hills, often have no gas stations or convenience stores I can stop at to get water which means I need to carry it with me. My road bike only has two water bottle mount locations which I'm using and I find that if it's hot, two large water bottles only last me between 40 and 50 miles.

What I'm looking for is a backpack, like a Camelbak, that seems a bit more suited for roadies. I.e., I'd like something that at least looks semi-aero and doesn't look like I'm going on a backpacking expedition in the Rocky Mountains. Other than a single pocket, I just want the pack to hold water. On Camelbak's web site, their packs all look more like hiker backpacks. I swear that at one time there were brands that made roadie-specific hydration backpacks but can't seem to find them any more. Perhaps roadies just didn't buy them so they stopped selling them?

If you're aware of a roadie-specific hydration backpack, please post 'up!