View Single Post
Old 06-18-19, 03:13 PM
ridingfool

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by NewATBikeComute
I will be in either Rutherford or East Rutherford for work for the weekend of June 29 - 30. I expect to be wanting (needing) to take a ride after work (after 5 on Saturday, probably anytime after 3pm on Sunday).

I don't know that area at all. Are there any good riding areas? I am down to just a road bike, with wide-ish 32mm tires.

Particularly on Sunday, though I have to drive home, I could hang out for a while if anyone is interested in hooking up for a ride. I will be returning to the Boston area afterwards, so anything between there and eastern New England is a potential meeting up point.

Edit: Note: I am primarily looking for some suggestions on where to ride, but would also enjoy riding with someone who knows the area.
Not sure of your exact riding plans but I live one town away from East Rutherford and ride towards bear mountain all the time. Would be glad to show u the route even ride most of it with you . Just keep in mind if I read your post right think you wanted to start at about 3pm on Saturday bear mountain is alot of climbing and take a good 6 hrs both ways without stopping much as mentioned in another post riding in the Rutherford area is not to good need to get more North of Jersey for any good riding . Let me know if you still plan on riding that weekend weather permitting of course