View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 12:44 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by FiftySix
Working from the house today, I took a lunch time ride. What a beautiful day it is for such a thing here in Southeast Texas.

Pedaling, pedaling, pedaling, I went up a small hill at a local park and kept my speed low as I got back onto the concrete . . .

What's that sound? Coming from behind? The sound of claws trying their mightiest to grab hold of the street and provide maximum acceleration for my predator. A silent predator, just moments before laying in wait. No utterance made, simply an ambush by a blood thirsty beast.

As I accelerate away, the beast still follows. I let it pace me from behind as it has reached maximum velocity, but its stamina appears sufficient for a lengthy chase. What a determined little beast, all of maybe 12 pounds. Run, run, run little dog.

Last dog that attacked me couldn't have weighed more than 6 pounds. Charged me from a right angle as I was climbing a hill, so speeding away wasn't an option. I had to stop dead because I was afraid she was going under my wheel. Her owner was running after her trying to get her to stop, saw me hop off the bike and I think he feared I was going to be mean to her. I just yelled "hey" at the top of my lungs and she charged right back into the house very fast.

Almost as funny as getting charged by a ground hog.
Likes For livedarklions: