View Single Post
Old 04-01-20, 09:39 PM
Bizman

Bikes: 2014 Carbon Quest XS (Velomobile), 2014 Catrike Road (Trike), 2013 Easy Motion Max 700+ PCS (E-bike), 2011 Lynskey R340 (Road), 2011 Surly Moonlander (Fatty), 2010 Santa Cruise Tallboy (Full Suspension)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Today I came up with the idea that even though my life and work is shut down I will still commute to my work to see if it’s opened back up yet, yes loaded with everything I normally would take, this would be about 5 days a week. It’s 39.4 miles round trip. I have never rode my route just in and back, I normally have an intermission i.e. park, change clothes, go in to work, change clothes back and ride home hours later.

It took 122 minutes round trip, saw work was closed and came back home, never once got off the bike. I spend at least this much time commuting in and back if my work is open (usually longer coming home). I just have to adjust my time during a 24 hour time period to do it, normally I would go in at night. I have spent to many years getting in shape and making bicycling and commuting a lifestyle that I am not willing to give it up due to a change in life, at least for now.
Likes For Bizman: