View Single Post
Old 03-03-17, 03:48 PM
Unkle Rico

Bikes: CENTURION / LOOK / Bianchi

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
I am so glad I don't have to deal with CA's BS smog crap any more -- I had a hell of a time with a engine swapped Mk2 Golf that I loved dearly.. The car would pass smog with flying colors but would ultimately fail because of visual I got to the point of having to pay the smog tech's to look the other way but then CA came down even harder on modified cars a few years back which resulted in the sale of my car.

And at the end of the day, the newer motor that I had swapped in ran way better and was a lot more efficient in so many ways..

Le Sigh.

STI's are hard though, so many of them were modded because they are incredible cars with so much potential.

Originally Posted by Leukybear
This past week I've been trying to re-buy the same make and model of car that I had sold 5 years ago.

It is proving surprisingly difficult to find a 2004 - 2007 impreza sti that will pass CA emissions legally without requiring any sort of significant wrenching on my end. Further hindering my efforts are sellers pretending to themselves that I dont know what a catalytic converter is and their car's lack there of them upon visual inspection.