View Single Post
Old 07-31-19, 06:35 AM
gnappi

Bikes: All are vintage... Schwinn 564, Cannondale Criterium 600, Cannondale F300 MB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by guachi
I wish the diatribe against carbohydrates would just stop. You don't need to, and probably shouldn't, cut carbs and only eat protein and fat. Carbohydrates are a great source of ready energy, foods that contain carbohydrates are tasty and make great meals when combined with foods that contain fat and protein. Also, foods with carbohydrates are often cheap and good for you and cheap.
+1.

I grow some 20 varieties of exotic (to the U.S) fruits and eat my share of them as well as scads of veg with meals and with cycling my weight is under control, and near where I was in high school.

Things I stay away from are sugary soft drinks, artificially sweetened juices, and beer / alcohol, and chips of all sorts. Being Italian, limiting pasta, breads, cheeses and table wine to once or twice a week have worked well for me.

An ex-gf who was very slim said it best... "eat till you're SATISFIED not till you're full" one of the more sensible things I've heard about weight control.