View Single Post
Old 01-29-18, 11:49 AM
amulinder

Bikes: Orbea Orca 2011, Holdsworth Sirocco 1951, Holdsworth Super Mistral 1968, Holdsworth Cyclone 1962, Claud Butler Avant Courier Special 195?, Sun Wasp (1935), Sun Manxman (1953), Sun Ladyback tandem (1955), Dawes Super Galaxy 1984

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dwscrimshaw@bti
Yes, this has been giving us some thought too. I have kept it separate from the other shop frames for the time being until more info comes to light. Can't see why this would have 4 digits after the date unless there is some other system for team bikes, but I have not seen this suggested anywhere. All other shop frames of the period only have up to 3 Digits after the date although a number of these have been found with numbers far higher than the expected yearly volume of ~150. That said this figure was suggested for up to the 60's it could have increased after that, but again I have not found anything to support that other than these numbers.
The only other frame number I have in this style, is one I think that came off the internet, so you probably have it too. Its 674108 and is called an Italia team professional built by Reg Collard.