Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Whatcha think of the facility?
My sample size to compare it to is 0, so it's the best indoor tack I've ever been in! That being said the track is under an inflatable roof and it is very quiet inside. It is a 166 meter lap track with 50 degree banking, the same as my Cleveland Velodrome. Being a Cleveland rider allowed us to ride with their group even though the facility isn't open to yet to the public. The surface is painted plywood. My bike rode smooth everywhere on the track that I put it. The amenities are simple yet well thought out for the intended purposes, the offices are in three small greenhouse structures and the restrooms are porta johns that are on a trailer that is parked inside the facility. There are no locker rooms or changing rooms, you have to use the porta john. I found the wheelchair accessible unit suitable for changing as it has a diaper changing station that I put my bag on while changing.

The builder designed the track and other areas for corporate events and sponsorships. In the infield the public will be invited to rent suites during races that are located all around the track. There is also a descent size bar that will serve drinks and a large area with high top tables and stools where people can consume the drinks. There is no seating around the outside of the track, but there is a 6' wide platform around the top of the track that is used for jogging and spectator standing. There is only a small area for the riders to sit and store their bike. By design, inside the track, there are no pit boxes or places to ride rollers or a trainer between races. I guess riders will need to set something up outside the track if they wish to stay warmed up. IMO the rider area is too small and limited.
With all that being said, the facility works very well for me to go to Detroit for practices sessions during the cold weather times.

Last edited by Allegheny Jet; 01-18-18 at 04:50 PM.