View Single Post
Old 09-17-18, 12:02 PM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
" AN IMPROVED BICYCLE IS AN EXAMPLE OF TECHNOLOGY CREEPING UP ON YOU FROM BEHIND "
-You can quote me on that...
I've just had this epiphany, wherein I realized what it is that many motorists don't like about bicycles. Not all motorists , not even most, but a faction of them. It might be an economic interest in automobiles, where they are afraid of losing market share. "An improved bicycle is an example of technology creeping up on you from behind". There is a literal as well as figurative meaning to that.
Here are a few pictures of our Fairings. Fairings may give a slight speed advantage , even without specialized gearing (higher than 5:1 ratio).
We've tried to create an 'open platform' so that these designs may be used on e-bikes, and/or cargo bikes. Rental fleets seem to be following in our footsteps, as I see nothing but heavy duty step-thru designs with cargo carriers up front.
While we spent thousands of dollars in an endeavor to create a bicycle capable of carrying a video camera , reel-to-reel videotape recorder, and power supply, this is a moot point , since anyone can buy a Go-Pro (or similar) action camera.
Fortunately, the battery space can be used for e-motor-assist, or Lighting, which besides being a good thing, also helps the aforementioned camera.
Meanwhile, the Cargo Bike market is growing , while Recumbent sales have remained flat. E-motor-assist options are appearing just about everywhere.