View Single Post
Old 02-14-19, 11:30 AM
Trinity Pratt

Bikes: 2014 Wilier Zero.9, 2010 Orbea Aqua, 2007 Ross mtb, 1972 Sekine GS, 1971 Motobecane Grand Record, 1953 Parkes Magpie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Dragged out of the shadows

Oh well, all right ... been lurking around here for 7 or 8 years, joined in 2013. Somehow never posted anything until just recently, which I didn't realize until I tried to put a pic of my "new" Zero.9 on the Wilier thread.

So anyway, I'm a long-time runner who started riding in 2007, for the first time since I was a teenager, when my employer gave me a cheap MTB for my 25-year anniversary. That same year I turned 50, so, yes, I'm old. Nevertheless, I went on to buy a road bike in 2010, started (and eventually mostly stopped) racing crits - funnest/hardest/scariest thing I've ever done. I mostly ride road, mostly solo, but do get out on some gnarly single-track with my boys and our MTBs every so often.

By now, between me, my wife, and two sons, there are 13 bikes in the basement "bike room", spanning 1953-2017. Pretty much do the maintenance myself; as a vintage-car owner I'm used to that, plus have learned a great deal from these forums, You Tube, and just talking to friendly mechanics in the local shops. Guess I mostly hang around the C&V, 50+, Masters Racing, & Mechanics forums. Haven't said much since I hate looking dumb, though for some reason it seems to happen to me a lot.

Thanks for listening, see y'all around.

Dan