Old 02-21-19, 11:16 PM
calamarichris
Horse Categorie

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
It took a few years, but I'm a firm believer that with a little patience in the Information Age, everyone eventually gets his or her fondest desire.

Despite asking the kid at the bike shop if I could please pay extra for a little extra care given to packing the fenders, they were hastily thrown in with a single sheet of non-affixed bubble-wrap between them, and these discontinued, scarce, matching fenders were dented up in shipping. So while these wonderful bikes have been discontinued, you can still find one if you're patient. Just keep checking Ebay, and Googling "globe live 2 [or 3], craigslist".

Ah well, at least we got the bike in my sweetheart's size and we're working on fixing it up. Have visited my local Specialized dealership and asked them to keep an eye out for both the steel and the alloy fenders. We seldom ride in the rain anyway, and this bike looks a little cleaner and simpler without the fenders and Axa frame lock. She digs it almost as much as I dig mine, and of course the dog is just happy she's not being left alone when we go for rides.