Old 11-09-17, 09:08 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by raria
Thanks. So a follow up question. Have a Fuji touring bike. Is it good enough to take on gravel?
Yes. I had one and it's a moderately capable gravel bike. I used mine as a tow-path bike and it was an excellent performer on moderately smooth trails. Mine was limited to 700x35 rear tires. I'd ride the bike as-is but bring two or more spare tubes and be ready for flats if you are using the original tires and wheels.

After some experience, consider upgrading to tubeless ready rims and tires. Fit a tire that is bigger than original but has sufficient clearance between the chainstays.

Where are you located and where are you planning on riding?
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 11-09-17 at 10:46 AM.