Bike Gremlin
Mostly harmless ™

Bikes: Heavy, with friction shifters

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 131 Posts
Originally Posted by choddo
Sounds like he shared specific examles with the author who acknowledged and fixed them?
Yes - he did share a few specifics that I fixed and wrote back confirming that I've fixed them (and thanked for the heads up).
The cassette spacing for example - the paragraph text was wrong.
Although the table chart in the article had the correct info - it's still potentially confusing and misleading, and needed to be fixed.

Note:
Some "mistakes" are made deliberately for pedagogical reasons, as in the ERD article.
Likewise, some "mistakes" are not really mistakes, just stuff that the esteemed member disagrees with.

Kontact seems to know a lot.
His "user interface" is what it is, but f
ortunately, I'm mature enough to not sweat it.
The flaws he caught were missed by me and all of my pro-mechanic friends, some mechanical engineers etc (talk about not seeing the forest for the trees).

Guys like Kontact have helped almost as much as the mechanical engineers (and a chemist) over the years, to keep my info correct and up-to-date.
Even if I paid money, no one would be that thorough!

Hell, my website's Q&A page directs readers to BikeForums because, among other things, there are folks to correct me if I make a mistake and give wrong advice.
And I don't mind the errors being noted and discussed in public.
I'm happy to get corrections and keep my info spot-on.

Pro and hobby mechanics (including myself) rely on the info on my site a lot (the serbocroatian version).
If corrections come with a few "wrinkles," I still use them (not tossing the baby with the bath-water is the American saying, or something like that).

P.S.
I had started the site when my wise friend Gox gave me space on his hosting account and suggested I publish my notes online, so others could use that too.
Structuring info and writing tutorials is what I do and enjoy.
But one in about thousand visitors are a bit "rough" so to speak - that's people, that's Internet, it is innevitable, like rain in November - you can't ride if you can't put up with that.

I don't plan to stop writing articles (and making videos), and I will make more mistakes surely.
That's no reason to "take my site down," but to correct (and learn when possible).
"Haters gonna hate" as they say, or as Lemmy says:

Relja Novović

Last edited by Bike Gremlin; 12-19-23 at 01:07 AM.
Likes For Bike Gremlin: